We are hiring for a Graphic Designer at our workshop in the White Mountains of Arizona.
Please read this page in its entirety before applying.
This position will be creating stationery products, calendars, and web graphics with the use of the Adobe suite of programs. We are seeking an extremely creative individual who can take basic concepts and turn them into something beautiful and original. This position, if needed, may be required to assist with production as well.
We offer a fun, low-stress, casual environment. We are seeking the right person to help support the business and hopefully grow with our company.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach for and carry objects with hands and arms; communicate verbally with co-workers and management. The employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Please put the word "umbrella" in your application to signify that you have fully read this job description. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see up close, differentiate between colors, proper depth perception, ability to adjust focus and keen eye for detail.
- Must be self-starter. We do not have time to babysit once trained.
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Experience working with Excel is a plus.
- Must be willing to work amongst small children as this is a family company.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, reach above and below the shoulders, squat, bend and kneel as necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be deadline oriented and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in an environment with a high level of noise.
- Must be able to read instructions from an order invoice.
- Must be able to accurately follow specific instructions for multiple detailed assembly process.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be able to focus in a high activity environment.
- Must be able to lift 35lbs unassisted.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Hours are 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday through Thursday with a half hour lunch each day. Hours may be slightly flexible for the right person.
- Responsible for producing a quality product that meets all internal and customer regulations.
- Effectively communicates as required with team members and lead.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting of work orders.
- Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or quality standards for the work performed.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Work as part of a team with production, customer service, marketing, and research & development, etc.
- Must be willing to take direction.
No holiday work or weekend work required.
Pay is DOE and there will be potential pay increases and advancement over time. Please keep pay expectations realistic for your training and experience level as we expect this position to garner a large amount of competition.